- What is a sentence for eventually?
- What does necessary mean?
- What is an obsolete?
- What words are now obsolete?
- What makes something obsolete?
- What is an example of obsolete?
- What is the opposite of obsolete?
- Can you use obsolete words?
- What is another word for necessary?
- What is the sentence of discovered?
- What is a sentence for necessary?
- What is called that no longer in use?
What is a sentence for eventually?
Examples of eventually in a Sentence Eventually, I did get better and returned to work.
I am sure that we’ll succeed eventually.
Her constant campaigning eventually got her the nomination..
What does necessary mean?
adjective. being essential, indispensable, or requisite: a necessary part of the motor. happening or existing by necessity: a necessary change in our plans. acting or proceeding from compulsion or necessity; not free; involuntary: a necessary agent.
What is an obsolete?
adjective. no longer in general use; fallen into disuse: an obsolete expression. of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date: an obsolete battleship. (of a linguistic form) no longer in use, especially, out of use for at least the past century. Compare archaic.
What words are now obsolete?
Let’s bring them back!Beef-Witted. Adjective. … Boreism. Noun. … Brabble. Verb. … Cockalorum. Noun: A braggart, a person with an overly high opinion of himself. … Crapulous. Adj: It sounds like a word Dr Seuss made up, but it’s legit. … Fudgel. Verb: Pretending to work when you’re really just goofing off. … Fuzzle. … Groak.More items…•
What makes something obsolete?
According to this Oxford Dictionary: Make out of date or obsolete. … Redundant – superfluous, excessive; surplus; unnecessary (OED).
What is an example of obsolete?
The definition of obsolete is something that is no longer being used or is out of date. An example of obsolete is the vcr. An example of obsolete is a Sony Walkman. … To make obsolete, as by replacing with something newer.
What is the opposite of obsolete?
obsolete. Antonyms: fashionable, modern, current, customary, operative, extant. Synonyms: antiquated, past, effete, disused, archaic, old-fashioned.
Can you use obsolete words?
Probably never, unless you’re writing historical fiction. Archaic and obsolete words are words that are no longer used in contemporary society, so unless you want to specifically emulate olden times, it’s best just to leave them alone. … Historical words are words that are still used, but only to refer to ancient things.
What is another word for necessary?
What is another word for necessary?requiredessentialneededrequisitevitalcompulsoryimperativeindispensableneedfulobligatory227 more rows
What is the sentence of discovered?
(1) America was discovered by Columbus in 1492. (2) Recently they have discovered a comet. (3) We discovered him to be an imposter. (4) Fleming discovered penicillin by accident in 1928.
What is a sentence for necessary?
1. It is necessary to keep these two issues distinct. 2. If necessary I can come at once.
What is called that no longer in use?
A thing no longer in use : Obsolete.